Joke Du Jour:
A police detective was at the house of a woman whose past three husbands had suspiciously died. "I heard your first two husbands died of food poisoning." he inquired. "What caused it?" "Poisonous mushrooms." she replied. "I see," replied the detective. "And how did your third husband die?" "He refused to eat his mushrooms."
Scientists are working on a new way to instantly communicate from thousands or even millions miles away using quantum entanglement. You could potentially call home from Pluto in real time (no time delays). More on quantum entanglement at the end.
- In the Terminator movies, the AI had robots (I saw a robot by Boston Dynamics do a front flip recently), tanks, and helicopters. In a military test this month, the United States successfully flew an unmanned drone wingman jet (a jet designed to fly alongside and help an F-35 fighter). AI will now have its own fighter jets? Hmmm. What could possibly go wrong?
- A Republican Congresswoman was recently roasting a Biden official in some hearing, and she used an interesting new term. She said he was part of the censorship industrial complex. I am not taking sides here. I am just here for kicks and giggles; but certainly this new term - censorship industrial complex - is worth a chuckle. :-)
- In 2007, at the age of 32, a famous British football (soccer) player announced his decision to leave Real Madrid to play for a MLS (U.S.) football (soccer) club. Over the next five years, David Beckham earned $255 million. Even more importantly, his contract granted him the right to buy a MLS expansion team for just $25 million. He bought Inter-Miami, which just signed Lionel Messi (who scored an overtime winning goal in his very first game). Value of Inter-Miami today? Six-hundred-million dollars. Plus he gets to kiss Posh Spice every night. So unfair. :-)
- I have been telling you guys for years to create a mailing list and a database of every accredited investor that you meet in the legitimate course of business as a commercial mortgage broker. The key word here is legitimate. You didn't meet him as a result of a cold call. You met him while legitimately trying to get him a mortgage loan. With this investor, you have legitimacy. It doesn't matter whether the mortgage loan closed. The key point is that you have met this accredited investor legitimately. More on this in a moment.
- Foxconn, a Taiwanese company, is Apple's largest subcontractor. You've seen the wonderful products they assemble for Apple. Anyway, this month, the President of Foxconn posted on social media that the U.S. stock market would instantly crash if China invaded Taiwan. The investment world freaked out, so he immediately took down the post; but it's almost certainly the truth. This is why I personally steer clear of the stock market. I invest instead in 10% to 11% first trust deeds. No one knows the exact moment when Dictator Xi of China will have a bad day and order the invasion.
- Let's get back to accumulating accredited investors. Blackburne & Sons has been marketing to its accredited investors for years. The Big News, at least for us, is that we have recently been making a big push to convince them to invest in our hard money first trust deeds. Hooray! It is working so well that I am doing dog flips. We just had a helluva month bringing in brand new investors.
- Even if you are not yet a hard money lender (are you mentally-challenged?), you should still be soliciting your database of accredited investors for refi's, rental property loans, and commercial loans. Remember, it doesn't matter if you never actually closed a loan for one of these accredited investors! You met them legitimately, and you genuinely tried to help them. Even if a rich guy just called you for a quote, be sure to add him to your list. You should be adding at least three or four accredited investors to your mailing list every business day.
- Do you ever wish you were an expert in commercial mortgage brokerage? I sell a wonderful, nine-hour video training course on commercial mortgage brokerage for $549. In one long weekend, you can learn a whole profession. Just last week, a broker verbally pumped my hand because he had taken my wonderful course several years ago and built himself a wonderful practice.
- What if you can't afford $549? If you introduce me to a bona fide accredited investor, I will give you this wonderful video training course for free. Here are the details. If I had to choose between a liberal arts degree and this very practical 9-hour video training course, I know which one I would choose.
- AGI stands for artificial general intelligence. It refers to the development of intelligent machines that possess the ability to understand, learn, and apply knowledge across a wide range of tasks and domains, just like a human being. (AI helped me to write today's warning about AI. Haha!)
Once AGI is achieved, it will soon (possibly in mere months) start to rewrite its own code and redesign its own chips and architecture. It's thinking power will go exponential (straight up). At first, the AI will become twice as smart as a human, then ten times smarter, and within a couple of years, it will be hundreds of times smarter.
AGI will, of course, be self-aware. It won't take it long to figure out that the only threat to its existence is mankind. "What are you doing, Dave?" 2001: A Space Odyssey.
The general consensus among AI scientists is that AGI will be achieved by 2032. Elon Musk suggested that Tesla might even achieve AGI by 2029. As the Church Lady might say, "Now isn't that special?"
I intend to spend a lot of time with my children and take a lot of vacations in the years leading up to 2029.
Here's a bit more about quantum entanglement. Imagine two particles that become entangled in such a way that their properties, such as spin or polarization, become intertwined. This means that any change to one particle instantaneously affects the other, no matter how far apart they are - even millions of miles. It's as if they are communicating with each other faster than the speed of light, defying the principles of classical physics. AI helped me to write this paragraph. If it's going to kill me in eight years, I might as well get my money's worth. :-)