Commercial Loans and Fun Blog

USDA B&I Loans Commercial Property Eligibility

Posted by George Blackburne on Wed, Jun 2, 2010

Does Your Commercial Property Qualify for a USDA B&I Loan?

Need a USDA B&I loan? In order for your commercial loan to qualify for a guarantee from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, it needs to be located in a rural community. Normally this means a town of less than 50,000 people.

However, a great many cities in suburbia have a population of less than 50,000 residents, but these suburban cities are far from small rural towns. They sit right next to population centers with hundreds of thousands of people. Therefore they are not the type of small, rural community that needs help getting commercial financing.

To see if a property is eligible for a USDA B&I loan go to the following website:

When the page comes up, click “I Accept”. It will take you to a map and you type in the address completely. You have to make sure that the address has street, city and zip code. This is essential. It will then bring up a map and tell you automatically if the property is eligible or ineligible.

Need a USDA business and industries loan (B&I loan)? Please call Tom Blackburne at 574-210-6686 or email him at

Topics: business and industries loan, USDA loan, B&I loan