Investing in First Trust Deeds is Easy
Earn 10% Interest
- The minimum investment is only $10,000.
- Just complete the little form to the right, and we'll start sending you bulletins describing available loans. After the first few bulletins, you'll learn how to pick out the better deals. Take your time.
- No one will ever call you. We sell exclusively by email. Of course, we're immediately available if you have questions.
- You choose the loan. This is largely common sense. Obviously you want a low loan-to-value ratio, a desirable property, and a successful borrower with good credit.
- This is not a fund investment. No-no-no. Every hard money mortgage fund in the country failed during the Great Recession. Never-ever invest in a hard money mortgage fund.
- Instead, you will invest in fractionalized trust deeds, where a dozen different investors might each take a small piece of one loan. Your $10,000 investment will be secured by a particular first trust deed on an income-producing property chosen by you. Title is in your name. You are the beneficiary as to your percentage of ownership. "Tom and Mary Jones, husband and wife, as to an undivided 10% interest."
- Picture this: The stock market collapses, and so does the bond market. Banks everywhere are closing faster than the FDIC can prop them up. But your little borrower keeps making his payments. Hmmm. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a hoot." :-) BTW, most of my own money is invested in first trust deeds.
- You will receive both title insurance and fire insurance policies
- Loans originated and serviced by a 43-year-old company. Are we the oldest hard money shop in the country? Quite possibly.
- Blackburne & Sons handles any foreclosures and property management. We successfully led our investors though the S&L Crisis, the Dot-Com Meltdown, and the Great Recession.
- Blackburne & Sons is owned by an attorney, licensed in both California and Indiana. Old man Blackburne is an Eagle Scout, and so are his two sons.
- If you reside outside of California, you must be an accredited investor in order to invest with Blackburne & Sons. This means that your net worth must exceed $1 million, exclusive of your personal residence, your vehicles, and your household goods.
- Disclosure: Investing in first mortgages involves significant risk. A substantial and prolonged decline in commercial real estate values is possible. Foreclosed commercial real estate almost always requires considerable renovation, so be sure to maintain some liquidity. Be sure to read the “Risk Factors” section of the Private Placement Memorandum carefully before investing. This is not an offer to sell securities. Such an offer is only made when accompanied by a Private Placement Memorandum.